Value-Based Medicine (VBM) focuses on a patient’s interests and expectations from interactions with medical institutions. Under this model, the results of the patient’s treatment should be adequately measured and fairly assessed based on a large amount of data, placed in the patient’s electronic medical record. The allocation of resources for healthcare in this case is carried out mainly in accordance with the results achieved, allowing their subsequent comparison. This makes it possible to assess the treatment methods’ validity and determine the final effect for both patients and the healthcare system as a whole.
Smart Healthcare Innovation Platform promoting VBM is applied to cardiology in St. Petersburg and is the main goal of the Russian part of the BSR S3 Ecosystem project of the Interreg Baltic Sea Region Programme.
Topics to be discussed:
1. St. Petersburg state information system in healthcare, providing smooth integration in medicine.
2. The key tasks and challenges of interaction between medical institutions and ambulatory clinics in providing high-tech medical care — the case of cardiology.
3. The key tasks and challenges of interaction between primary healthcare institutions and medical institutions specializing in cardiology.
4. The experience of the leading Finnish clinics in providing primary healthcare and interacting with a medical institution based on VBM.
5. The main principles of auditing/mapping methodology for interaction between providing primary healthcare at ambulatory polyclinics and medical institutions specializing in cardiology.
6. New information technologies for VBM.
Organizers: St. Petersburg State Institution of Public Health “Medical Information and Analytical Center”, Almazov National Medical Research Centre, St. Petersburg State Institution of Public Health “Polyclinic №74”, Rostelecom PJSC
Any registered Forum participant can leave proposals for inclusion in draft Forum recommendations (upper right button Proposal).
If you want to leave proposals for inclusion in draft recommendations, fill in the fields below.
XIX All-Russia Forum of Strategic Planning Leaders ©