Unfinished construction projects generally demonstrate inefficient use of money and are often associated with violations during the construction. This situation is largely attributable to poor planning without taking into consideration regional, climatic and other features.
Unfinished construction projects, funded from budgets of different levels, include schools, university campuses, health clinics, hospitals and other social facilities, as well as roads, insulated pipes, and communal infrastructure, sports complexes and stadiums, etc. Due to construction schedule violations, children in some regions of Russia are forced to get to school by special transport, and in some places it is impossible to receive timely medical assistance.
The analysis by the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation showed a number of significant shortcomings in the governance system in relation to unfinished construction projects. The existing legal regulation does not provide a comprehensive solution to the challenge of reducing unfinished construction projects and requires improving the legislation of the Russian Federation.
Topics to be discussed:
- major challenges of the governance system in relation to unfinished construction projects and ways to overcome them;
- unfinished construction projects’ volume and quantity monitoring activities by the Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation: results achieved and further proposals;
- difficulties regions face while dealing with unfinished construction projects;
- unfinished construction projects concerning social facilities as a reserve for implementing National Projects and achieving National Development Goals;
- proposals by the event participants to improve legal regulation in terms of unfinished construction projects.
Organizers: Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation
Any registered Forum participant can leave proposals for inclusion in draft Forum recommendations (upper right button Proposal).
Orlova Svetlana, Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation. Auditor
Trunova Natalia, Foundation "Center for Strategic Research". Vice President, Head of Spatial Development Division
If you want to leave proposals for inclusion in draft recommendations, fill in the fields below.
XIX All-Russia Forum of Strategic Planning Leaders ©